Herbal medicine can be used for:
- The prevention of disease
- The promotion of general well-being
- As treatment for specific health problems.
Health complaints that can be improved through treatment with natural remedies include:
- Skin complaints
- Respiratory problems
- Infections, such as colds and flu
- Inflammatory joint disease, such as arthritis and rheumatism
- Circulatory disorders
- Immune-system disorders
- Food intolerance and allergies
- Common childhood illnesses
- Reproductive problems, such as PMS, menopausal symptoms, etc.
- Digestive complaints
- Sleeping problems
- Stress-related disorders.
When safely prescribed by a Medical Herbalist,
natural remedies can be used alongside conventional medicines.
Herbs can also be used to help relieve the side effects of
other treatments, such as chemotherapy.
Herbal medicine has been shown to be very successful in treating many conditions that
do not respond well to conventional treatment such as chronic skin conditions, digestive complaints and